The Watch Walk Platform project aims to create a platform to enable researchers to extract daily-life walking speed, quality, and quantity measures from smartwatches and wrist sensors. The program processes time-series data obtained from motion sensor accelerometric data to generate a comprehensive report that includes: (1) daily-life walking quality parameters such as step-time variability and step regulation; (2) maximal and usual walking speed; (3) step counts; and (4) bedtime and sleep duration.
This platform will provide a valuable tool for researchers interested in daily-life mobility, and assist with:
- Establishing clinical population norms.
- Enhancing understanding of pathophysiology.
- Assessing the efficacy of interventions in clinical trials.
- Evaluating disease progression.
- Screening disease risk.
- Adjusting medication dosage.
- And much more
To register your interest and be informed when the platform launches please fill out the following form: