Gifts in Wills
Neurological disorders are the leading cause of disability and the second leading cause of death worldwide.
Neurological disorders are currently the leading cause of disability and the second leading cause of death worldwide. However, through the work of our esteemed scientists and with enough support from the community, we believe that a future free of brain and nervous system disorders is within reach. Every day, NeuRA scientists are making strides towards this vision - and we’d love your help.
By becoming a NeuRA Bequest Partner, you will have a pathway to connect directly with our researchers, learn about the latest developments in neuroscience, and play a crucial role in delivering life-changing medical breakthroughs. You can feel good knowing you'll be helping to ensure a happier, healthier, and improved quality of life for everyone impacted by neurological conditions.
Bequests (gifts in wills) are vitally important in allowing us to plan for the future and provide the support needed to continue our mission. We are enduringly grateful to our Bequest Partners at NeuRA for the wonderful opportunities they have gifted us. From nurturing the careers of young scientists to driving innovation and providing the resources needed to create the scientific knowledge that will cure disease.
We invite you to consider leaving a gift in your will that will help accelerate advances in medical research and solve some of the most devastating diseases and disorders that impact you, your family, your friends, and your community.
Why leave a gift in your will?
- Help to make advances in medical research possible
- Contribute to discovering, conquering and curing some of the most devastating diseases and disorders that currently have no cure
- Make a tangible difference to translating medical discoveries into new diagnostics, preventions and treatments.
Register your interest
Suggested wording for your will
“I give to the Neuroscience Research Australia (ABN 94 050 110 346):
The residue of my estate; or
[…] percent of my whole estate; or
[…] percent of the residue of my estate; or
The sum of $ …. to be used for its general purposes including research into diseases and conditions of the brain and nervous system, which I direct to be paid free of all debts, expenses and duties of whatever kind.
The receipt of the treasurer, secretary or authorised officer for the time being of the Neuroscience Research Australia is an absolute discharge to my Executors.”
Should you wish to direct your gift to a specific area of our research, such as Parkinson’s, dementia or schizophrenia, you would add a sentence to that effect in the first paragraph: “I express the wish that the gift be applied for research into [disease] and other associated disorders."
Types of bequests
- You can leave a percentage of your estate
- After meeting all your personal commitments, you can choose to leave NeuRA the balance or residue of your estate
- If you wish to support research in a particular area, or give for a particular purpose like a commemorative scholarship or endowment, please discuss this with us
- You may wish to leave certain assets such as shares.